Sunday, September 14, 2008

- Stats stuff -





Hey all. Sorry I haven't posted this weekend. I don't work tomorrow, so between tonight and tomorrow afternoon I should have a post up. I'm thinking of putting up one that I was working on regarding the success of the Western Canadian teams in the NHL over the last 10 years.

I was just over at the Cult of Hockey reading one Staples posts about stats. I really like Behind the Net, and I like the stats they use, but one thing I found when I was looking up numbers for this blog was that I didn't like how everything was done /60. Points/60 doesn't make sense to me. That's why, if you take a look at all my posts, I've done all of my stats in a manner I think (and apparently so does Staples) is easier to comprehend. I like to look at how long it takes a player to score one point/goal. It's so much simpler to say someone scores 1 even strength point every 22 minutes played, than to say for every 60 minutes played a player scores 2.7 points.

I don't know, it just makes more sense to me to use less decimal points :P I think it makes it easier to read and understand.

Okay, well I hope you all had a great weekend, and I shall post again soon!






Please put your pencils down now.
Sit quietly with your test booklets closed while I come around to collect them.
Go back to the Ghostbusters hideout, or visit the past in this wicked time machine.