Tuesday, September 16, 2008

- Oilers, Flames, and Canucks. The Past 5 Seasons -

Since I took a look at the three teams over the last 10 years, I thought I would do the same thing over the past 5 years. Here are the numbers for that:






Clearly the numbers for the Oilers over the past 5 years are nowhere near as flattering as the numbers for the past 10 yeras. However, we do have the Cup run in these numbers, have won the same number of series as Calgary, and have the best winning percentage in the playoffs in the past 5 years.

Calgary has averaged 92.4 points over the past 5 years.
Vancouver has averaged 98 points over the past 5 years.
Edmonton as haveraged 87 points over the past 5 years.

However, once again, Vancouver has had some stellar regular season performances, but still have only those 2 series wins, and only 15 total wins in the past 5 years.

Overall, I think the Oilers numbers are fairly decent. None of the three teams shows much consistency in terms of playoff performance. Hopefully that's something the Oilers can change in the coming years.






Please put your pencils down now.
Sit quietly with your test booklets closed while I come around to collect them.
Go back to the Ghostbusters hideout, or visit the past in this wicked time machine.